24/7 Free and Confidential Hotline
Notice of Rights for All People Seeking Assistance from Wellspring
- Wellspring is committed to providing the best possible services to all victims of domestic violence and sexual assault regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, marital status, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- It is vital to us that we create an environment that provides culturally inclusive services that are non-stigmatizing to all that seek assistance. Therefore, comments and actions that put down, harass, stereotype, discriminate against or otherwise demean a person because of any of the above-mentioned protected statuses will not be accepted. We ask that all people encountering or associated with Wellspring respect the diversity of Wellspring’s staff, clients and volunteers.
Reporting of Discrimination
- Employees, volunteers and other individuals involved in providing services on behalf of Wellspring shall not discriminate against or harass any survivor in their care and shall immediately report any evidence of discrimination, physical or sexual harassment, and verbal harassment of any such identified persons to their supervisor. Individuals who feel that they have been subject to discrimination or harassment should report this occurrence to the Wellspring Program Director.
- Wellspring receives funding from a variety of government resources. These federal and state agencies are as committed to preventing discrimination as Wellspring is. In addition to reporting an occurrence of possible discrimination to Wellspring’s Program Director, reports can be made to any of the following agencies:
- NYS Office for Children and Family Services (OCFS): 518-486-7078
- Saratoga County Department of Social Services (DSS)): 518-884-4140
- NYS Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS): https://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/crimnet/mail.htm
- US Department of Civil Rights (OCR): https://www.justice.gov/actioncenter/submit-complaint
- The information that you provide to Wellspring will be kept confidential to the greatest extent allowed by law.
- You may choose what information you want to provide Wellspring. You will not be denied access to services if you choose to not provide certain identifying information.
- The information you provide to Wellspring, including your name, address, phone number, and other personal information will not be shared with other individuals or agencies without your consent to release such information.
- In situations where Wellspring staff suspect child abuse or maltreatment, intent to harm yourself, or intent to commit serious harm to others, they are required by law to report certain situations even if you don’t give them permission to share or report the situations.
Get help now. Our services are free and confidential and available 24/7 via our hotline. Call now if you need to!