I wanted to update all those who donated to Wellspring for the Purple Purse Challenge that, because of you and about 200 individuals, businesses and organizations that donated, Wellspring won the $10,000 bonus offered by Allstate during the first week of the Challenge.
That’s right $10,000 from Allstate to support Wellspring’s work in your community!
I was absolutely moved as our businesses and local individuals showed how much they care and want to be part of our vision to end relationship and sexual abuse.
The Challenge isn’t over yet! It continues until 1:59 pm on October 25th… and there are even bigger bonuses for top performing organizations…from $15,000 to $100,000 bonus money for the top 5 agencies at the need of the Challenge.
Here’s how some folks are helping:
- One local business invited our staff to speak during their lunch period and the company and employees were so committed to our vision of ending abuse that not only did the company make a contribution, but many employees made personal contributions.
- Another organization is having a casual dress Friday for employees who donate to the Challenge.
- A local business is offering a percentage of sales one day toward the Challenge, and
- Many people are sharing the message on their facebook pages and inviting others to take action against relationship and sexual abuse… and help bring more funds to our community to support survivor services and prevention programs.
- To donate to Wellspring’s Purple Purse Challenge, simply click on wellspringcares.org/give and you’ll be directed to our Purple Purse giving page. It only takes a minute to make a help us advance toward our goal of ending relationship and sexual abuse. Together we can do this!