On February 29th Wellspring joined other businesses and non-profits from Louisiana to Alaska in the Leap of Kindness Day. The idea for the day was to connect organizations looking to make a big impact with others in the community who could benefit from a simple thank you or a donation of some kindness.
Wellspring was the beneficiary of several local organizations, but we believed it was important to participate as well, so Wellspring staff spent part of the day crafting thank you notes to people and organizations across Saratoga County for helping us to perform our life-saving work. Examples of these organizations include:
- The Saratoga Springs Police Department which partners with Wellspring to offer support to domestic violence survivors not only in the crisis, but in the days or weeks that follow.
- Sexual assault nurse examiners at Saratoga Hospital, Ellis Medicine and Glens Falls Hospital. The compassionate response of these nurses is often the first step in healing for a traumatized survivor of a sexual assault.
- The Adirondack Trust Co. and Stewarts Shops, two local businesses that not only are in our community- they’re unquestionably for our community, supporting projects and agencies that help address community needs.
- The Downtown Business Association in Saratoga Springs. Every day these businesses support local causes and help people in need, through donations, fundraisers, and simply human concern.
- Leadership Saratoga, which for almost 3 decades has trained community members to be volunteers and leaders. Their members serve on the boards of local nonprofits (Our thanks to all the LS grads who have guided Wellspring over the years)
- The Olde Bryan Inn and Longfellows, which have been long-term supporters not just of Wellspring, but many non-profits in Saratoga County.
- The Shenendehowa School District and Skidmore College, for their commitment to helping to educate their community about these issues, healthy relationships, and social change
- So many more!
It was gratifying to recognize all the great things that happen just here in our community. To see photos of our different notes, visit our Facebook photo album.