Registrations are still available for the autumn 2016 Project Hope & Power Class. Call 518.583-0280 to register today.
Are you a woman who is:
- A resident of Saratoga County?
- Limited in your choices because you don’t have the resources to provide the necessities of living for you and your family?
- Willing to commit to an eight-week education and mentoring program to help you develop better financial management skills?
- Willing to work on personal goal to increase your financial independence?
If so, you may be eligible to participate in Project Hope & Power.
This free and confidential program can help you begin to change your life by giving you instruction in safety planning and financial strategies for you and your children as you work to live a life free from abuse and violence. Volunteers from Soroptomist International of Saratoga County and the staff of Wellspring will provide training, mentoring and goal development assistance. Participants who successfully complete the program will be paid a stipend that may be used to support goals developed during the program.
The curriculum is designed to help you acquire the following skills:
- Safety Planning
- Financial Management
- Establishing Credit
- Increasing Personal Financial Assets
- Accessing Affordable Housing Options
- Upgrading Job Skills to Advance Professionally
- Setting and Achieving Goals for Increased Independence
can help Hope and Power is offered 3 times per year.
Please note that while the program topics reflect experiences of survivors of domestic violence, any woman who is at risk because of financial dependence is eligible to apply. Furthermore, as part of the commitment of Wellspring to nondiscriminatory offerings, we also offers the program on a one-to-one basis for any man or woman who may not meet all of the requirements.