Support our clients
At Wellspring our mission is to support survivors and engage our community to end relationship and sexual abuse. However, without the support of our community, we would not be able to do so. There are many items that can make a difference in the lives of our clients. When donated, they allow us to provide a small level of comfort and familiarity to many of the clients we are also working to keep safe. All while we continue to work towards our vision of ‘A community free of relationship and sexual abuse.’
The following is a list of items we will always accept:
- Gas Cards to Stewart’s or local stations
- Gift Cards to local grocery and department stores such as Price Chopper, Hannaford, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
- Cell Phones–to be used by our clients as 911 phones
- New Bed Linens (twin size)
- New comforters or blankets
- New bath towels
- Full size toiletries
- Cleaning supplies
- New or gently worn jackets and coats
- New or gently worn hats, scarves, and mittens
- First Aid Kits
Other items we may need: (please call to inquire about donating them)
- Dish sets (complete sets of 4 or more)
- Glassware (complete sets of 4 or more)
- Flatware (complete sets of 4 or more)
- Pots and Pans (must be free of rust, have all their handles and lids and be in a single box)
- Small furniture (tables, lamps)
- Gently worn clothing (Must be clean – no more than two bags)
Regarding donations of large furniture:
Wellspring is appreciative of the generosity of our community. Regarding donations of large furniture such as beds, dressers, kitchen tables, couches, etc., Wellspring does not have the necessary vehicles or space to pick up, deliver, or store such items. However, many of our clients may be in need of such things–if you are interested in donating furniture, and you or a Wellspring client has the ability to transport it, we are happy to help coordinate such extraordinary generosity.
Please know that for health and sanitation reasons, Wellspring does not accept used bed linens, bath towels, or stuffed animals.